And just like that, we’re on to Phase 3! Two phases of our 5-phase project have been completed, with the most recent updates including a new poultry grab-n-go case, reinstallation of the Meat and Seafood service cases, and patching of the floor around the new dairy cooler. Phase 3 starts this week and will be the most extensive of our renovation phases, involving moving the juice bar, cheese counter, and food bars and adding a first-floor classroom. There are a few important things to note about this phase:
- The Deli counter operations will move to the kitchen. This means there will be a temporary halt of made-to-order drink services. Self-serve hot coffee will be available throughout phase 3, as well as some bottled drinks from the juice bar, such as cold brew and juice, along with rice and beans.
- During this phase, cheese can be found in the three-door cooler next to the Meat and Seafood counter as well as in the grab-n-go case.
- Temporary food bars will be delivered this week. The Hot Bar and Salad Bar are planned to continue throughout phase 3 without disruption.
- Many grocery items will be relocated to temporary shelves to make room for construction activities. Please ask a staff member if you need assistance locating items.
- This phase involves the construction of a second entryway. While this will not affect the current entryway, two accessible parking spaces have been moved and bike racks under the building parking lot overhang have been removed to prepare for phase 3. Bikes can be locked up on the 19 racks in front of the store or the seven on the east side of the store.
- There will be short spells when the work is noisy, particularly during early mornings on 9/11 and 9/12.
Thank you again to patrons and staff for their continued support, hard work, and patience during this time of change.
That’s a wrap for Phase 1! An updated section of the Produce department is now open, and we’ve installed a new, more efficient cooler for refrigerated grocery. Phase 2 has begun and will focus on the Dairy and Meat and Seafood sections of the store. Here are a few things to note about this phase of construction:
- The Meat and Seafood counter is not open at this time, but fresh meats and seafood are still available! The items that were previously in the case at the counter are now packaged in the cooler at the southeast corner of the store. Fish and Seward-made sausage are packaged fresh, in-house daily for your convenience.
- Shredded cheese that was in the southeast corner of the store is now in the cheese cooler next to the cheese counter in the Deli. You’ll find cream cheese and lox at the cheese counter as well.
- Olives have moved to the Grab and Go coolers next to the packaged salads.
- Please ask staff for assistance if you need help finding anything. We appreciate your patience and patronage during this time!
The Franklin renovation is underway! As we get started on Phase 1 construction, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Construction will be primarily concentrated between the hours of 5 a.m. and 3 p.m. to minimize disruption to the shopping experience.
- There are plastic sheets taped up around construction zones – please stay on the sales floor and out of those areas.
- Some dairy items have been moved to the Grab and Go coolers during construction. Additionally, refrigerated bakery items have been moved to a cooler at the front of the store. Please check those spots if your favorite item isn’t in its usual place and please ask staff for help in finding displaced items.
- The Franklin parking lot will be a bit busier during the renovation, as storage containers and other construction items will be stationed there for the duration of the project. Taking advantage of alternative modes of transportation will qualify you for our People Powered Perks Program. Pick up a People Powered Perks punch card at the Customer Service desk. When you walk, bike, scooter, or use a mobility device or public transit to get to Seward Co-op, you’ll receive a punch. Ten punches enters you into a monthly drawing for a $50 Seward Co-op gift card!