Community members become owners of Seward Co-op for a number of reasons. Many people join for the quarterly discounts and owner specials. Others join to support a community-owned business that works to sustain the local economy. You do not need to be an owner to shop at the co-op, but if you decide to join you will enjoy numerous owner benefits.
Becoming an owner of Seward Co-op is easy.
Stop by our Customer Service Desk, complete an application form and make a one-time $75 stock investment. Learn more about our three ownership payment options: paid-in-full, installment, and needs-based.
Seward Co-op owners enjoy great benefits, including:
- 10% off one unlimited quantity shopping trip or café purchase per calendar quarter;
- A vote — to choose the board of directors and impact the future direction of the co-op;
- Owner specials throughout the grocery stores;
- Bulk discounts — 10% discount on preordered bulk or case items at the grocery stores;
- Co-op information — delivery of the co-op's newsletter "Sprout!" to your home;
- Education discounts — on classes offered in our classrooms;
- Patronage refunds — co-ops can return money back to its owners in profitable years, proportional to the amount spent at the co-op;
- An investment in our community!