Total Time: 35 minutes
When making mashed potatoes, be sure to reserve a portion for this tasty pizza.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 12-oz. frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, seasoned
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread oil on a large sheet pan, and place the thawed pizza dough on the oil. Press the dough out into a 12-inch circle, and then put the pan on top of the stove so the dough will be warm as it rises. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Bake the pizza dough for 7 minutes.
- Remove dough from oven and dollop spoonfuls of mashed potatoes over the crust. Gently spread to cover, leaving a small rim uncovered. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, corn and red onions over the mashed potatoes, and tap lightly with a spoon to make sure they sink in a little. Cover with Asiago cheese.
- Bake for another 15-18 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the crust is golden. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
A simple, mixed green salad, drizzled with a vinaigrette dressing and topped with cranberries and chopped nuts makes the perfect side to this flavorful dish.
620 calories, 18 g. fat, 45 mg. cholesterol, 910 mg. sodium, 65 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber , 18 g. protein