2021 Seward Co-op Board of Directors Election
Learn about the candidates, who are fellow co-op owners, offering their expertise and time to Seward Co-op. This is your opportunity to choose the board leadership of our community-owned business. Please read the candidate essays, review the voter guide and/or check out short videos of candidates. Then cast your ballot!
Election Details | Board Candidates | Ballot Deadlines
Seward Co-op owners may vote online until Oct. 26 at 10:00 a.m. Click here to be directed to the online ballot.
There are three at-large seats open. All are three-year terms. Current employees of Seward Co-op are eligible to run for at-large seats. Seward Co-op bylaws restrict the total number of employees on the board to two—one designated and one at large. The designated employee director is currently mid-term.
All candidates were asked to submit an essay addressing any or all of the following questions:
- What is your motivation to run for the Seward Co-op’s Board of Directors?
- Describe any relevant experience that you believe could benefit the co-op’s board in doing its work.
- Describe what working collaboratively looks like to you.
- Describe how you would work to achieve equitable outcomes that consider all the stakeholders that comprise Seward Co-op.
- How do Seward Co-op’s efforts to sustain a healthy community guide your vision for the future of the co-op
- How would you contribute to Seward Co-op accomplishing its Ends Statement?
Seward Co-op will sustain a healthy community that has
– equitable economic relationships,
– positive environmental impacts, and
– inclusive, socially responsible practices.
Seward Co-op owners may vote online until Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. Click here to be directed to the online ballot.
Seward Co-op owners may instead choose to vote via paper ballot. Be sure to complete both sides of your paper ballot. Return by mail or drop it off at the customer service desk at the Franklin or Friendship store. Paper ballots are due at all co-op locations by noon on Tuesday, Oct. 26.
Please join us when election results are announced at the virtual Annual Owner Meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 6–8 p.m. RSVP for meeting link here.