This recipe makes four jar salads—perfect for packing with lunches—or two large salads. The kale is sturdy enough to keep, so this recipe is great for Sunday night meal prep.
• 1 medium sweet potato, diced
• 2 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
• 1 bunch green kale, shredded
• ¼ cup Salad Girl Crisp Apple Maple Organic Vinaigrette salad dressing
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• Handful green beans, chopped
• 1 carrot, shredded
• 1 medium beet, shredded
• 1 small apple, diced or shredded
• Four clean 12- or 16-oz. glass jars
Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and a few dashes of salt and cover, stirring occasionally, until tender. Cool. Meanwhile, shred kale into bite-sized pieces, wash, dry and place in a large bowl. Add Salad Girl dressing and massage until the kale begins to wilt. Set aside. While kale sits and sweet potato cooks, prepare the rest of the vegetables. Once the sweet potato is mostly cooled, divide and nestle in the bottom of four jars, followed by layers of the rest of the vegetables and apple, and top with the kale.