Community members become owners of Seward Co-op for a number of reasons. Many people join for the quarterly discounts and owner specials. Others join to support a community-owned business that works to sustain the local economy. You do not need to be an owner to shop at the co-op, but if you decide to join you will enjoy numerous owner benefits.
Becoming an owner of Seward Co-op is easy.
Stop by our Customer Service Desk, complete an application form and make a one-time $75 stock investment. Learn more about our three ownership payment options: paid-in-full, installment, and needs-based.
Seward Co-op owners enjoy numerous benefits, including:
- 10% off one unlimited quantity shopping trip per calendar quarter;
- Owner-only specials throughout the store;
- An investment in their community;
- A vote—to choose the board of directors and impact the future direction of the co-op;
- A 10% discount on special-order case purchases;
- Check cashing for $40 over the amount of purchase;
- Seward Co-op’s newsletter "Sprout!" and the Twin Cities natural food co-ops’ shared publication "Mix" both delivered to owners' homes;
- A discount on classes in our classroom; and
- A patronage refund proportional to the amount spent at the co-op during any profitable year.