WE WIN, one of our recent SCF recipients.
Seward Community Co-op launched the Seward Community Fund (SCF) in 2005. The establishment of the SCF embodies our co-op's commitment to grow not just as a business, but also as a community resource for organizations whose work aligns with our vision for a healthy community.
SCF grants are awarded annually in the amount of $1,000 per recipient. Applications are reviewed by a grant committee comprised of co-op staff, and recipients are announced at the annual co-op owners meeting in October.
Our 2017 Grant Cycle is now open. Applications are due June 1, 2017.
Grants are given to organizations whose work aligns with our Ends Statement:
Our Ends Statement
Seward Co-op will sustain a healthy community that has:
• Equitable economic relationships;
• Positive environmental impacts; and
• Inclusive, socially responsible practices.
In addition, priority will be given to organizations that:
• Are based in the communities served by Seward Co-op.
• Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities.
• Use the funding for specific projects rather than general operating costs.
• Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion.
• Are registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
How to Apply:
The SCF recipient application has two parts: Part I is an online form. Part II includes written information that may be mailed or delivered in-person. All applicants must submit BOTH the online form (Part I) AND the written submission (Part II) in order to be considered. Applicants may include certification of nonprofit status and no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) along with written materials (Part II). Applications must be received by June 1, 2017. Applicants will be notified of Seward Co-op’s decision by the time of the annual ownership meeting in October 2017. All materials (Part I and II) must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered.
Part I: Please complete the online form.
Part II: Written Materials
Please submit three copies each of the following written materials. Do NOT staple materials together.
1. Cover sheet: Written materials must include a cover sheet with the contact information provided in the online form. Download cover sheet template. (Note: this similar to the online form; we require both for administrative purposes.) Provide three copies.
2. Narrative: Please provide three copies of a separate narrative (no more than two pages) including the following:
• Information about your organization and its mission.
• Specific information about how the SCF funds will be used.
• A description of how the work for which you are seeking funding aligns with our Ends Statement and other stated criteria.
• If your organization has received funding from Seward Co-op in the past (through SEED or SCF), please describe how this funding supported your stated goals.
3. Supporting Materials: Applicants may also include no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) with the written materials. Two or fewer pages is preferred; provide three copies. Please include your 501(c)(3) certification, if applicable (one copy is sufficient).
Written materials may be mailed to:
Seward Community Co-op
Attn: SCF/Abby Rogosheske
2601 E. Franklin Ave., Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Materials may also be hand-delivered to the Customer Service desk of one of our locations Attn: SCF/Abby Rogosheske.