Ananya Dance Theater, one of our recent SCF recipients.
Seward Community Co-op launched the Seward Community Fund (SCF) in 2005. The establishment of the SCF embodies our co-op's commitment to grow not just as a business, but also as a community resource for organizations whose work aligns with our vision for a healthy community.
SCF grants are awarded annually in the amount of $1,000 per recipient. Applications are reviewed by a grant committee comprised of co-op staff, and recipients will be notified prior to the Seward Co-op Annual Owner Meeting in October.
Grants are given to organizations whose work aligns with our Ends Statement:
Our Ends Statement
Seward Co-op will sustain a healthy community that has:
• Equitable economic relationships;
• Positive environmental impacts; and
• Inclusive, socially responsible practices.
In addition, priority will be given to organizations that:
• Are based in the communities served by Seward Co-op.
• Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities.
• Use the funding for specific projects rather than general operating costs.
• Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion.
• Are registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
How to Apply:
Please visit the Seward Community Co-op Grants Application Page.
This year the SEED, SCF and Cycle Perks Grant application processes are combined. By submitting an application, your organization is automatically considered for all three programs.