Immune systems are truly remarkable, but sometimes they fail, and we find ourselves sick. Sometimes, a few some simple diet and behavioral changes can boost the immune system. Follow the tips below to keep your antibodies on guard this season.
1. Eat healthy. Include a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your daily diet.
2. Exercise regularly. Take a walk around the block or your office during your lunch break and get out with friends and do an activity together.
3. Keep your stress levels low. Practice breathing exercises when you feel your stress level rising and take breaks to practice self-care. Relax before bed by taking a bath or drinking chamomile tea and be sure to get a good night’s rest.
4. Drink adequate fluids. It is recommended that adults get at least eight eight-ounce servings of water a day.
5. Wash your hands regularly. Proper hand washing decreases the amount of germs that enter your body and prevents them from spreading.