Let Us Help You Celebrate Thanksgiving
We are starting the holiday off early with a presale of frozen Ferndale Farms all-natural, free-range turkeys starting in November. Ferndale Farms, located in Cannon Falls, Minn., has been a family-run farm for more than 70 years. Their all-natural, antibiotic- and hormone-free birds are completely free range during summer months. In fall and winter months, they live in a barn with generous outdoor yard access, fresh air and grass. The turkeys are naturally processed, with no added salt, water or flavor. Ferndale’s standards for free range and no use of antibiotics exceed USDA organic requirements.
If turkey isn’t your thing, though, look for fresh, local duck, geese, poussin (Cornish game hens), and the sale prices we’ll offer on beef, pork, and lamb roasts. For an extra-special appetizer or side dish, consider our homemade terrines, assorted sausages, smoked or pickled fish, and various other cured meats and salamis. Please place your order with our staff ahead of time to ensure availability.
• Frozen turkeys are available for presale starting Wednesday, Nov. 5.
• Fresh turkeys available for pick up starting Friday, Nov, 21 (order between Saturday, Nov. 1, and Monday, Nov. 24).
• Orders can be taken at the Meat & Seafood counter or online here.
• Fresh turkeys: $2.49/lb.
• Frozen turkeys: $1.99/lb.
Our Meat & Seafood Department is in a class of its own in the Twin Cities. All of our meat is sourced locally and source-verified; we personally visit all of our fresh meat suppliers. This arrangement helps area farmers keep money in their communities, reduces our carbon footprint and provides a much higher-quality final product than what’s available in the conventional market. Providing local, healthy meat often means better pricing, more versatility and freshness in cuts (click here for a guide to our beef cuts and pork cuts). Looking for something unique? We often carry fresh bison, duck and rabbit, and if we don't have it, we can source almost anything. We know exactly where every ounce of meat comes from!
* Single-source ground beef: same animal, same farm -- ground fresh daily
* Fresh, all natural homemade sausages, over 20 varieties
* Newly expanded lunch meats, sliced to order, including several homemade varieties
* 20 varieties of oven-ready items for your convenience
* Fresh seafood with daily deliveries from local partner Coastal Seafoods. Along with Coastal, we're committed to sourcing only high-quality & sustainable seafood.
* We also offer a variety of rotating specialty animals such as Red Wattle or 100% Berkshire Pork, Icelandic Lamb, and Goat. Inquire at the meat counter to see when the next delivery will be!